Saturday 27 April 2019

A new five-star review for my ebook - RAMBLE ON...

A new five-star review for my ebook - RAMBLE ON...

"I can’t say why I enjoyed Jessie Cayne’s journey. There’s not a lot of good in this guy. He lies, he cheats, he steals, and even when the people around him see his value, he can’t see it himself. Early in the story, he’s called, “devious, duplicitous and interesting”, and by the novel’s end, I agreed with that assessment. He’s not the best person you’ll ever meet but, oh, yes, he is interesting.

Maybe I liked him because he never sugarcoats who he is or what he does. He knows he’s no good. He might wish he was better, and he tries to be so on occasion, but he can’t make it stick. Even when he’s at the top of his game, part of him knows it can’t last. Not for a man like him. But if he’s going to crash and burn, he’ll do it on his own terms: taking a long drag on a good joint while some great music plays in the background.

I usually speed through my reading – so many books, so little time – but I purposely paced myself with this story. I didn’t want it to end too quickly. I wanted to linger in its weed-laden, classic rock-blasting world for as long as I could.

And as unlikely as it seems by the end of this tale, I want to see more of the main character. Just as no great rock group is a one-hit wonder, Jessie Cayne needs to ride his Harley again. A man this interesting must have more stories to tell.

Ramble on, Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment